Study in Sweden
Study in Sweden
If you want your opinions to he heard, you like taking initiative and a little snow doesn’t scare you off, then the go-to country for your studies must be Sweden.Long time ago a country of barbaric Vikings, nowadays Sweden, has polished its manners, and nothing proves it more than the fact that the Swedish higher education system ranks second in the world. Did we mention cutting-edge research and real-world challenges in multicultural academic communities?
To get a better picture about what’s like studying in Sweden, you need to know that the education here is more about self-development through student groups and independent studies, than about listening to the typical teacher lecture. Let’s try and see the details behind this big picture.
Why study in Sweden?
Sweden will inspire you with about 1000 programmes taught in English, at over 35 universities, where creativity and independent thinking always come first. Whenever creativity is involved, you should also expect a more informal environment, where you don’t have to worry about etiquette, and can even address professors by their first name.
Students who choose Sweden are attracted by the open-minded attitude Swedes have, their great English skills, but also by the eco-friendly and high standards of living. Add to that the fact that academic culture here dates back 500 years and the great social equality of it all, and it’s hard not to put Sweden on your studies map.
What to study in Sweden?
Swedes are great with cars, great with IT, and great with the environment. So, it’s not hard to guess which are some of the most popular study areas in Sweden. These are:
- Study Computer Science in Sweden;
- Study Engineering in Sweden;
- Study Arts in Sweden;
- Study Environmental Studies in Sweden;
- Study Cultural Studies in Sweden.
Major cities in Sweden
Sweden is a great place to live and study. From buzzing larger cities like Stockholm, Gothenburg or Malmö, to cosy university towns like Uppsala and Lund, there’s a place for every taste in Sweden.
Whether you end up close to the Arctic Circle in Luleå or bumping shoulders with continental Europe in Malmö, you’ll find accessible towns with extensive public transport and bustling student scenes. So, check and pick one of the Swedish cities below, like:
- Study in Stockholm,
- Study in Göteborg,
- Study in Lund,
- Study in Linköping,
- Study in Uppsala.
Each university sets its own admission required documents, the following are the most included:
- Certified copy of high-school diploma or previously completed degree.
- A transcript/record of your previous courses
- Copy of your passport.
- Copy of your birth certificate
- Previous university studies taught in English
University admission deadlines for Sweden
The first round of admissions, autumn, has a number of key dates. These are:
- 16 January: Admission application deadline
- 1 February: Fee receipt or proof you don’t need to pay deadline
- 1 February: Receipt for supporting documentation deadline
- 24 March: First notification of selection
- 12 April: Last date to respond to the offer
- 21 April: Second notification of selection
- September: Autumn semester starts
For the second round of admissions, in spring, the dates are as follows:
- 15 August: Admission application deadline
- 1 September: Fee receipt or proof you don’t need to pay deadline
- 1 September: Receipt for supporting documentation deadline
- 19 October: First notification of selection
- 31 October: Last date to respond to the offer
- 9 November: Second notification of selection
- January: Spring semester starts
Tuition Fees & Cost of Living
Tuition fees in Sweden
- In Sweden, students from EU/EEA countries do not have to pay tuition, but only an application fee of around 100 EUR.
- Students from non-EU/EEA countries pay tuition fees. For instance, Humanities, Law, and Social Science degree courses cost around 9,700 EUR/year and Science programmes are worth around 15,000 EUR/year.
Naturally, fees vary depending programme and degree type.
Cost of Living (Monthly expenses)
- Monthly shopping cart: 210 EUR;
- A meal at an affordable restaurant: 10 EUR;
- Monthly transport pass: 80 EUR;
- Monthly rent starts at 500 EUR for a one-bedroom apartment;
- The average salary in Sweden: 2,100 EUR/month.
1- CONSULTING AND OFFERING THE BEST OPTIONS FOR STUDENTS
Our experienced education counselors are ready to advise students on courses and career opportunities according to their educational background, interests, aptitude, and aspirations. Have a broad network with education providers, we are able to suggest a wide range of study options and programs to meet the students’ needs.
2- COUNTRY SELECTION
With so many countries having scores of excellent colleges and universities, students constantly get stuck when it comes to selecting the right country. One country may offer good university, the other might be more affordable.Our counselors initiate their broad research about countries, universities and courses on offer. They are well accomplished to recognize your needs by narrowing down your alternatives and thus assist you in the right country selection.
3- UNIVERSITY SELECTION
Kitangry provides you with the finest assistance when it comes to deciding on the best university for yourself. We have a wide-ranging database (which is updated on a frequent basis) of all the universities and programs. Our team members continually research information on these universities and colleges to determine what is right for you.
Kitangry expertise and regular interaction with the admission offices of most universities/colleges helps us in keeping track with all the following aspects and give you unsurpassed service while completing the admission formalities on your behalf. We understand that there are several formalities which need to be followed in order to ensure a smooth admission process, such as:
- Deadlines of the department concerned.
- Deadlines of the Graduate School/University/College.
- Pre-requisite test information and requirements (TOEFL, IELTS etc.).
- Application fees and payment formalities.
- List of documents required for admission.
- Various locations to where the application has to be sent.
- Different approaches to know the admission status.
- Further steps to confirm the admission with your chosen university.
5- VISA GUIDANCE & SUPPORT
Visa guidance is undoubtedly THE most important part. Visa approval or rejection can make or break your dream! Our expert professionals are here to guide you in complete Visa process right from filling up the application to preparing your financial statements.We are proud of our visa success rate of almost 99%!!!!. Our constant touch with the consulates helps us to keep student informed about the latest rules and changes in visa documents which helps us soar heights with our visas.
We assist students in finding an accommodation which suits the students’ needs. With our immense experience, we have a vast array of on-campus and off-campus accommodations.
7-TRAVEL COORDINATION AND AIRPORT PICK UP
After obtaining the Visa we will coordinate travel with the student and our representative who speaks, English, Arabic, etc. will receive the student at the airport and take the student to accommodation.