Study in Norway
Norway offers you a unique student experience and Norwegian institutions of higher education welcome applications sent by qualified students from all over the world.
Internationalization is a priority within all sectors of the Norwegian education system, and universities and university colleges are constantly working to facilitate for international students. Around 14 000 foreign nationals are currently enrolled at Norwegian institutions of higher education. International students may apply for admission to a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programmes. You may come to Norway as student through established exchange programmes.
With a wide range of high quality courses and great flexibility, Norwegian institutions prove to be an ideal study destination. From vocational subjects to postgraduate and doctorate level, there are plenty of opportunities for students to fulfil their ambitions. You will also benefit from the informal atmosphere at Norwegian universities and university colleges, where teachers are easily approachable and tuition often takes place in small groups. Most institutions also have well equipped computer facilities with free Internet access.
Study off the beaten track
In Norway you can combine your studies with exciting outdoor activities, both winter and summer. You can see the Aurora Borealis (“Northern lights”), experience the midnight sun, fjords and mountains. Challenge yourself with skiing, white water rafting or climbing. Or simply enjoy the fresh air, clean water and lots and lots of space. As a student in Norway you will never be short of possibilities for unique nature experiences.
A compilation of country-specific information called the GSU-list (formerly SIS list) states what level of education applicants from different countries need to meet for entry into Norwegian higher education, including any requirements concerning proficiency in English. For courses where the language of instruction is Norwegian, proficiency in the Norwegian language is also required.
Why Study in Norway?
What students say:
- I am very impressed about excellent social services and quality education. I feel luck to study in Norway
- My programme in Norway is exceptional. I could not find it elsewhere in Europe
- I chose Norway because of the quality of the education and the serene atmosphere which is conducive to learning
- The methods of teaching are such that students really learn and understand the subjects
- The relationship between professor and students is close and friendly
- Clear environment, clear people
- Norway is one of best countries in the world, the quality of education is excellent
- Almost every Norwegian speaks English so it’s easy to live here and communicate with them even when you don’t speak Norwegian.
Each university sets its own admission required documents, the following are the most included:
- Certified copy of high-school diploma or previously completed degree.
- A transcript/record of your previous courses
- Copy of your passport.
- Copy of your birth certificate
- Pearson PTE
University admission deadlines for Norway
- 1 December – 15 March: application period for foreign students who want to start the following autumn;
- August: autumn courses start.
Tuition Fees & Cost of Living
Completing a university degree is often considered to be an expensive endeavour and tuition fees are usually making up the bulk part of the cost. The majority of Norwegian universities and state university colleges are publicly funded and the Norwegian government considers access to higher education for all to be an important part of the Norwegian society. Thus, as a rule Norwegian state universities and university colleges do not charge tuition fees. This also applies to foreign students, no matter which country you come from. However, you should take into consideration that living expenses in Norway are higher than in many other countries.
Cost of Living ( Monthly expenses )
- Rent : 700 – 900 Euro
- Food : 300 – 600 Euro
- Transport : 72 Euro
- Utilities : 150 Euro.
1- CONSULTING AND OFFERING THE BEST OPTIONS FOR STUDENTS
Our experienced education counselors are ready to advise students on courses and career opportunities according to their educational background, interests, aptitude, and aspirations. Have a broad network with education providers, we are able to suggest a wide range of study options and programs to meet the students’ needs.
2- COUNTRY SELECTION
With so many countries having scores of excellent colleges and universities, students constantly get stuck when it comes to selecting the right country. One country may offer good university, the other might be more affordable.Our counselors initiate their broad research about countries, universities and courses on offer. They are well accomplished to recognize your needs by narrowing down your alternatives and thus assist you in the right country selection.
3- UNIVERSITY SELECTION
Kitangry provides you with the finest assistance when it comes to deciding on the best university for yourself. We have a wide-ranging database (which is updated on a frequent basis) of all the universities and programs. Our team members continually research information on these universities and colleges to determine what is right for you.
Kitangry expertise and regular interaction with the admission offices of most universities/colleges helps us in keeping track with all the following aspects and give you unsurpassed service while completing the admission formalities on your behalf. We understand that there are several formalities which need to be followed in order to ensure a smooth admission process, such as:
- Deadlines of the department concerned.
- Deadlines of the Graduate School/University/College.
- Pre-requisite test information and requirements (TOEFL, IELTS etc.).
- Application fees and payment formalities.
- List of documents required for admission.
- Various locations to where the application has to be sent.
- Different approaches to know the admission status.
- Further steps to confirm the admission with your chosen university.
5- VISA GUIDANCE & SUPPORT
Visa guidance is undoubtedly THE most important part. Visa approval or rejection can make or break your dream! Our expert professionals are here to guide you in complete Visa process right from filling up the application to preparing your financial statements.We are proud of our visa success rate of almost 99%!!!!. Our constant touch with the consulates helps us to keep student informed about the latest rules and changes in visa documents which helps us soar heights with our visas.
We assist students in finding an accommodation which suits the students’ needs. With our immense experience, we have a vast array of on-campus and off-campus accommodations.
7-TRAVEL COORDINATION AND AIRPORT PICK UP
After obtaining the Visa we will coordinate travel with the student and our representative who speaks, English, Arabic, etc. will receive the student at the airport and take the student to accommodation.