Study in Finland
Study in Finland
When it comes to top quality education, Finland is one of the first countries that comes to mind. A Nordic country with a population nearing 5.5 million, Finland has succeeded in not only keeping up with educational progress, but also excelling at setting a global standard.
A member of the European Union and home to 39 higher education institutions, Finland is a good choice for students from around the world. An egalitarian society where knowledge and lifelong learning are highly valued, Finland offers a great social setting to foster your learning and personal growth.
For an international student, life in Finland is enhanced by the convenience offered by high-level infrastructure and technology, the security of living in one of the safest countries in the world, and the enjoyment offered by the nature with four distinct seasons that all have their unique flavor.
Finland is one of the most environment-conscious countries in the world, and as a result, almost everyone is participating in ways to be eco-friendly. Nature is an integral part of the Finnish way of life for a very simple reason: it is everywhere.
In Finland, bustling city life meets peaceful nature scenes within a walking distance. The towns and cities accommodate activities for all seasons, and provide plenty of opportunities for exploration or relaxation.
Higher education institutions are internationally-minded and there are over 400 English-speaking degree programmes available across the country. Largely state funded, the institutions offer top quality teaching that is accessible to all. Campuses balance natural settings with high-tech facilities for all students to enjoy.
Being a student in Finland has many advantages. From high-tech labs to well-stocked libraries, university campuses are equipped with all the facilities that knowledge-hungry students need. A degree from one of the world-quality Finnish higher education institutions is your natural first step to paving the way for a great career in your field, whether it be academia or more practical sectors.
Why Study in Finland ?
Finland is a human-scaled, cosy country, with cities and towns designed for people, not just cars. Rush-hours are a rarity. higher education institutions are small enough to operate functionally and effectively.
They are all internationally oriented with special regional features, and you can choose between very different study environments ranging from larger urban campuses to close-to-nature campuses. Higher education institutions are highly autonomous, but largely funded by the Ministry of Education and Culture. Therefore the Ministry also closely oversees the quality of teaching. These efficiently managed institutions:
- React to the needs of the society, and business and industry in their curricula and teaching.
- Provide a wide range of high-quality programmes in English for exchange and degree students at all levels of education.
- Give their students transferable skills on which they can build their future in academic fields and in the job market.
Trust and openness are important concepts in Finland, and getting networked at an early stage is the Finnish way. Here you can start getting connected with fellow international and Finnish students, organisations, and the working world already whilst studying your first courses. Often these networks and friendships last for the rest of your life.
- Over 400 Study Programmes in English
- Quality in research and education
- Excellent facilities for work and fun
- Well-organised country
Each university sets its own admission required documents, the following are the most included:
- Certified copy of high-school diploma or previously completed degree.
- A transcript/record of your previous courses
- Copy of your passport.
- Copy of your birth certificate
University admission deadlines for Finland :
- 25 January: Application period 1
- 8 February: Required certificates must be submitted
- 15 March: Application period 2
- 20 April: Required certificates must be submitted
- 30 June: Student selection results will be published
- 14 July: Deadline for the acceptance of a study place
- 3 July – 30 August: Supplementary application round
- September: Studies start
Meanwhile, the autumn applications have these deadlines:
- 20 September: Application period ends
- 27 September: Required certificates must be submitted
- 24 November: Student selection results will be published
- 8 December: Deadline for the acceptance of a study place
- 18 December: Acceptance from the wait list ends
- 27 November – 21 December: Additional applications
- January: Studies start
Tuition Fees & Cost of Living
Tuition fees in Finland
Tuition fees vary in Finland wildly, depending if you are from the EU or not, if the education in English or in Finish language , or if you arrive with an ERASMUS scholarship
- EU/EEA countries Students tuition fees free.
- Non EU/EEA countries Students in English-taught degrees will need to pay tuition fees approximately vary between 8.000€ and 25.000€ per year.
- All international students who plan to pursue a degree taught in Finnish or Swedish are still not charged any tuition fees .
Cost of Living ( Monthly expenses )
- Rent : 500 – 700 Euro
- food : 200 – 400 Euro
- Transport: 54 Euro
- Utilities : 100 Euro
1- CONSULTING AND OFFERING THE BEST OPTIONS FOR STUDENTS
Our experienced education counselors are ready to advise students on courses and career opportunities according to their educational background, interests, aptitude, and aspirations. Have a broad network with education providers, we are able to suggest a wide range of study options and programs to meet the students’ needs.
2- COUNTRY SELECTION
With so many countries having scores of excellent colleges and universities, students constantly get stuck when it comes to selecting the right country. One country may offer good university, the other might be more affordable.Our counselors initiate their broad research about countries, universities and courses on offer. They are well accomplished to recognize your needs by narrowing down your alternatives and thus assist you in the right country selection.
3- UNIVERSITY SELECTION
Kitangry provides you with the finest assistance when it comes to deciding on the best university for yourself. We have a wide-ranging database (which is updated on a frequent basis) of all the universities and programs. Our team members continually research information on these universities and colleges to determine what is right for you.
Kitangry expertise and regular interaction with the admission offices of most universities/colleges helps us in keeping track with all the following aspects and give you unsurpassed service while completing the admission formalities on your behalf. We understand that there are several formalities which need to be followed in order to ensure a smooth admission process, such as:
- Deadlines of the department concerned.
- Deadlines of the Graduate School/University/College.
- Pre-requisite test information and requirements (TOEFL, IELTS etc.).
- Application fees and payment formalities.
- List of documents required for admission.
- Various locations to where the application has to be sent.
- Different approaches to know the admission status.
- Further steps to confirm the admission with your chosen university.
5- VISA GUIDANCE & SUPPORT
Visa guidance is undoubtedly THE most important part. Visa approval or rejection can make or break your dream! Our expert professionals are here to guide you in complete Visa process right from filling up the application to preparing your financial statements.We are proud of our visa success rate of almost 99%!!!!. Our constant touch with the consulates helps us to keep student informed about the latest rules and changes in visa documents which helps us soar heights with our visas.
We assist students in finding an accommodation which suits the students’ needs. With our immense experience, we have a vast array of on-campus and off-campus accommodations.
7-TRAVEL COORDINATION AND AIRPORT PICK UP
After obtaining the Visa we will coordinate travel with the student and our representative who speaks, English, Arabic, etc. will receive the student at the airport and take the student to accommodation.